Youth Ministry & Events:
Holy Apostles EDGE Middle School Program (7th-8th Grade)
Edge is a nationally recognized Catholic middle school youth ministry program. Edge provides your middle school child a safe and fun Catholic community to get answers about their faith. Your child will experience Jesus in a profound and personal way and find the answers to who they are in a dynamic and exciting environment. Visit http://lifeteen.com/edge-ministry/ for more information.
Meets Sunday’s 2X per month from 6:30-8pm from Sept-May
Retreat: To be announced in the fall
$120.00 per child for Parish Members
$170.00 per child for NON-Parish members
Confirmation Sacramental Preparation (9th-12th Grade)
Holy Apostles offers two Confirmation Programs:
Track 1: a two year preparation for any high school student
Track 2: a one year preparation for Catholic High School students.
For additional details see our Confirmation sacramental preperation at Holy Apostles page.
Workcamp Mission Trip (10th-12th grade)
In light of the tragic events in Milwaukee’s Sherman Park neighborhood this past summer and in honor of the newly Sainted Mother Teresa of Calcutta, Holy Apostles Youth Ministry has decided to “stay right where we are” for our summer work camp experience by participating in Reach Out Reach in.
July 9 (3:00pm) - July 14, 2017 (5:30pm)
Cost is $240 before fundraising ($100 deposit to hold space)
Reach Out Reach In invites…
- Teens ages 15-18, who have completed ninth grade.
- Teens who are interested in spending the week in service with children in shelters or summer programs, special needs children and adults, a family and organic farm, painting or landscaping for community organizations and so much more.
- Teens who want to experience living in community. Our home for the week is TBD. Youth will make new friends who share a passion for making a difference in our world, often one relationship at a time.
- Teens who want to simplify life for just a week! This important aspect of the week brings us into solidarity with those we serve. We eat amazing meals together, limit our shower use to one a day, and abstain from television, cell phones, and other media. You can do it!
- Each day begins and ends with prayer. Sometimes it is woven into the day, as we have experiences that we turn over to our loving God. Reconciliation is available during the week, and we invite families to join us on Friday for a closing Liturgy and celebration of the week.
- Each evening we share stories and reflect on the service of the day in light of Catholic Social Teaching and Justice education.
For More information or to register as a teen participant please contact Rachel Madden, Mission Director for Youth at Holy Apostles. (262-)786-2035 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Student’s who wish to travel for a workcamp experience can participate with our neighbor parish, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton. Contact Mickey Holz for more information about their trip to New Mexico or Costa Rica.
Holy Apostles Sports Program (for those in 7th & 8th grade)
Visit their webpage
You can support children and youth on their faith journey by participating in a variety of ways, including small group leader, assistant leader or substitute, event planner, event facilitator or volunteer, or administrative coordinator. Sharing your gift will influence both their faith journey and yours. It takes over 150 people to support our child and youth faith formation experiences. Click here
to explore your opportunities and be apart of forming disciples of Christ!
Safeguarding All God's Family
Before any adult can become involved with a parish/school event for children or youth, the Archdiocese of Milwaukee requires that he/she attend a Safeguarding All God’s Family training and have a criminal background check. Click here for more information and steps to complete.
Mission Director: Youth